Glass reactors are a kind of chemical reactor that is created to have out chemical procedures like extraction, stirring, dissolving and mixing. Recently, these reactors are manufactured from borosilicate glass and have a stainless steel body. Reactors have gotten extremely well-liked in chemical sector and lab reports as properly as pharmaceutical business.
Usually featured a cooling or heating âjacketâ about the reactor, jacketed glass reactors generally are designed to managing temperature of their contents in chemical engineering.
Skills in operation of glass reactor
1. In the glass reactor to do the reaction of different media, should first of all check whether the medium has corrosion of the main material.
To the instant reaction is violent, produce a lot of gas or high temperature flammable and explosive chemical reaction, and high pressure, high temperature or medium containing chloride ion, fluoride ion and other serious corrosion reaction on stainless steel, must customize special glass reactor design.
Ordinally, glass reactor’s kettle body and jacket layer are transparent glass, the others are stainless steel or other metal materials.
2. When the reaction medium is loaded, it shall not exceed 2/3 liquid level of the kettle body.
3. Please do not disassemble the reactor with pressure when working or at the end. Glass reaction vessel is strictly prohibited to work in the case of over pressure and over temperature.
4. Glass reactor’s jacket layer heat conduction oil is heated. When adding heat conduction oil, pay
attention not to mix water or other liquid into the oil. The oil level of heat conduction oil should be checked irregularly.
5. If there is any abnormal sound inside the isolation sleeve during operation, please stop the machine to release pressure and check whether there is any abnormal situation in the mixing system. Please check the swing momentum of the mixing shaft regularly. If the swing momentum is too large, need to replace the bearing or sliding sleeve in time.
6. Connect the corresponding voltage according to the operating voltage of the controller, 220V for single phase or 380V for three phase, please do not connect the live wire and zero wire of the controller in reverse.
Please don’t to do power distribution work in reaction process , in case of electric shock.
In order to ensure the glass reactor normal operation and the personal safety of the staff, please connect the ground wire! The controller itself is not explosion-proof, so should avoid oil, gas and other flammable and explosive environment.
7. When the final reaction temperature is determined, it is not allowed to change the temperature setting value in the heating process, so as to avoid large overshoot of the temperature.
Add the reaction solvent in jacketed glass reactor to do stirring reaction, interlayer through heat and cold source loop, glass reaction kettle jacketed layer can provide high temperature reaction (temperature can reach 300℃), of course glass reactor can also do low temperature reaction (the lowest temperature can reach -80 ℃).