R-1010 10L Rotary Evaporator (Rotovap)
- Teflon(PTFE) and fluorine rubber double rotating seal, patent technology to ensure high vacuum.
- The temperature control system, accurate and reliable.
- The PTFE disscharge valve, corrosion resistance, no pollution.
- We have two kinds of conventional and explosion-proof type, can be selected according to the experimental environment.
R-1010 10L rotary evaporator adopt the flask enlarge evaporation area under reduced pressure, to make the solution in bottle diffuse and evaporate, while the flask is rotating as it is heating in water bath. It is basic necessary and perfect equipment for the chemical industry, pharmaceutical industry, institutions of higher learning and scientific research laboratories used in the manufacture and analysis of experiments which concentrated, drying, recycling.
Rotary evaporator features a specially designed motor and worm gear, which provides constant rotation at speeds from 10 to 180 rpm. As the flask containing the solvent is rotated, it continually transfers a thin layer of liquid over the entire inner surface. This gives a very large surface area for evaporation, which is caused by the gentle heating from the water bath. The rotating system is fitted with a special seal that allows the apparatus to be placed under vacuum, effectively reducing the boiling point of the solvents and removing the vapor phase, making the process much more efficient. Each unit is also equipped with an easy-to-use vacuum release and a continuous feed system, which allows solvent to be constantly drawn into the rotating flask without needing to stop the operation.
Applications of rotary evaporator
It is suitable for the experiment of evaporation, distillation or separation of chemicals. It usually works with water circulating vacuum pump and recirculating chiller as a whole system to meet the production and experimental conditions.
Features of 10l rotary evaporator
- Rotary evaporator set equip with 10L evaporating flask(detachable), and 5L collecting flask.
- Rotary vacuum evaporator Under the vacuum condition, give the boil flask constant-temperature heating, it will rotate at a constant speed, and liquid can form large area film on the bottle wall.
- Rotary evaporator parts-the solvent vapor is cooled by a high efficiency glass condenser and recovered in the collection bottle, which greatly improves the evaporation efficiency.
- Rotary evaporator is especially suitable for the concentration and purification of biological products which can easily decompose and denatured at high temperature.
- Evaporator use polythene & rubber for sealing, ensure high vacuum and rotating speed adjustable(step-less): 0-90rpm.
- Patented technology of double sealing of Teflon(PTFE) and FV rubber ensures the negative pressure level.
- Automatic switch valve makes continuous collection possible without affecting vacuum degree and without stopping distillation.
- Teflon discharge valve is corrosion resistant and contamination free.
- Water bath jacket protecting operator from scalding by hot liquid.
- Motorized water bath lifting for precise control.
- Quick clamp connections for easy and fast installation.
- PID temperature controller ensures accurate temperature control is maintained.
- Optional stainless steel evaporating flask carrier with silicone cushions is designed for safer and easier loading and unloading of the flask. It can also be used as a flask stand.
|Evaporating flask||5L, flange opening: Φ50mm||10L, flange opening: Φ95mm||20L, flange opening: Φ125mm||50L, flange opening: Φ125mm|
|Speed-regulation||DC stepless speed-regulation|
|Power supply||220V-240V, 50/60Hz||3~, 380V, 50Hz|
|Rotation speed (rpm)||20~140||20~130||20~130||20~110|
|Power of motor(w)||250||250||250||250|
|Condenser||Vertical type double coil pipe||Vertical type, Main + auxiliary triple-circulating cold traps|
|Bath material||Stainless steel 304|
|Temperature display||Digital display|
|Evaporating Speed (L/h)(water)||2.0||3.2||5.0||9.0|
|Evaporating Speed (L/h)(Ethanol)||5.4||8.6||14.3||24.5|
|Lifting function||Motorized Lift||Motorized lift + Manual lift|
Rotary Evaporator Details
Structure of Rotary Evaporator
A rotary evaporator is a device used in chemical laboratories for the efficient and gentle removal of solvents from samples by evaporation. The process of rotary evaporation is most often used to separate solvents with low boiling points, such a n-hexane or ethyl acetate, from compounds which are solid at room temperature and pressure. However, careful application also allows for the removal of a solvent from a sample containing a liquid compound, if there is minimal co-evaporation (azeotropic behavior) and a sufficient difference in boiling points at the chosen temperature and reduced pressure.
Example: The following table illustrates a variety of substances, ordered by increasing vapor pressure (in absolute units).
Rotovap Quick Start Guide
This guide gives basic quick start instructions for rotovaps. It is intended to provide a starting point for learning the process. Parameters should be adjusted to suit specific needs.
- Clean and assemble unit. Make sure all pieces are cleaned and sterilized using an alcohol solution.
- Connect chiller to condenser and set to 0C (32F). Always fill a rotovap condenser from the top down (chiller output to top of condenser, chiller input to bottom of condenser).
- Connect vacuum pump to cold trap and connect cold trap to vacuum port on rotovap.
- Turn on heat bath and set to 40C (113F).
- Once heat bath, chiller and cold trap have reached desired temperatures, turn on rotovap motor and set speed to approximately 100 RPM (does not have to be precise). Keep in mind, higher RPM’s will increase evaporation power but also increase heat load.
- Start vacuum pump and allow vacuum to pull down for a few minutes before injection.
- Once vacuum has been pulled to a sufficient level (does not have to be precise but should be below 100 Torr), using the injection valve, very slowly inject approximately 500 mL of solution into evaporating flask and then close the valve. Allow this small amount to begin evaporating. You may see the chiller begin to rise in temperature, this is called “priming” the rotovap.
- Once the temperature stops rising or all liquid is almost completely evaporated, open the injection valve again very slowly so that a small amount of liquid begins to enter the evaporating flask. Do not close injection valve this time but continue to allow solution to enter the evaporating flask.
- At this point you must try to match the input speed to the output speed. What this means is that you should be injecting the same amount of liquid into the rotovap that is equal to the amount of liquid dripping from the condenser into the receiving flask. You will know that the input speed and output speed are matched because the chiller will remain at a stable temperature. If the chiller begins to rise, then you are injecting too much liquid. Dial back the valve until the chiller stabilizes.
- Once everything is stabilized, you may walk away from the rotovap if necessary. Check every so often to make sure temperatures remain stable and evaporation continues efficiently.
- Provide 24-hour technical consulting reply;
- Provide professional quoted price;
- Provide detailed product performance specification;
- According to product’s using condition, technicians will offer rationalization proposals to assist clients to select proper product types;
- Provide other corollary equipment according to client requirements.
- Begin to supervise from raw material, its qualified rate can reach to 100%;
- Whole manufacturing process are in strict accordance with promised procedure requirements, product qualified rate can reach to 100%;
- Provide product’s inspection record of key junctures to customers;
- Provide production schedule photos to customers at regular intervals;
- Package and transport products strictly accordance with export standard;
- Provide transportation schedule information to clients timely.
- Provide targeted installation video;
- Under the premise of correct installation, normal maintenance and using, we guarantee one-year warranty period;
- When warranty period has expired, our sold products enjoys lifetime guarantee repair, we only charge cost price for changing product’s standard component and sealing component;
- During installation and adjustment period, our after-sale service staff will communicate with customers frequently to know product’s running state in time. Assist customers to install and adjust products until customers are satisfied;
- If product has malfunction during operation period, we’ll offer you satisfied answer in time. We’ll reply you within 1 hour and provide solution or send staff to spot within 24 hours after receiving maintenance notification.
- Lifelong free technical support. Conduct satisfaction survey and inquiry equipment running condition to clients by telephone or e-mail semiannually from the first day of equipment running, put on records of acquired information;
- Provide assistant service if product is damaged during transportation.
Get In Touch With Us