Rotary evaporators, commonly known as rotavapors, rotavaps or rotovaps, are extremely valuable to a number of downstream applications requiring efficient distillation & solvent removal. Often combined with a vacuum pump, rotary evaporators are used to remove solvents from samples through evaporation. During this process, rotary evaporators reduce the pressure within the system to lower the solvent boiling point, rotate the sample to increase the effective surface area, and heat up the solution.
Because of this technique’s distillation efficiency, most users prefer rotary evaporators over standard distillation systems. Not to mention, rotary evaporators ensure samples receive more even and consistent heating from a heated liquid without overheating the samples. Rotary evaporation involves a multitude of sample concentration or liquid extraction techniques from solvent reclamation, chromatography fractions, solvent removal procedures, trapping of hazardous waste liquids, and separation of non-volatile solutes from volatile solvents. Which is why rotary evaporators are a vital and staple instrument to numerous research and chemical laboratories. These instruments are also common within molecular gastronomy, organic chemistry, and petrochemical industries.
Moreover, a rotary evaporator is also a popular instrument in medicinal plant research, cultivation, and extraction. This instrument paves the way for economical ethanol recovery & extraction to create butane hash oil and other concentrates.
Lab Rotary Evaporator for Sale
1.Rotary Evaporator with Motor Lift
The rotary evaporators with motor lift are equipped with a manual motor lift-up which enables you to control the process in case of a power outage. They come with different flask capacities which range from 2 liters to 50 liters or more. Managing the entire process is made easy with the digital LCD screen that enables one to view the evaporation process and make necessary changes.
The locking position on this evaporator is adjustable to different directions, especially if one is using different sizes of the flasks, or if one needs to move the vacuum seal from the contact position. You can quickly move the motor with switch operation. All these rotaries are made with glass condensers which prevent the liquids from stagnating and thus, improve the cooling process.
- High chemical resistant parts.
All the components utilized in the evaporation process are made of borosilicate glass and PTFE, which prevents corrosion even when used with harsh chemicals.
- Specialized motor.
The motor can be lifted when controlling the process. Note that this mechanism also helps to prevent overheating in case of a power outage.
- Downward condensing vacuum.
This rotary has a downward condensing vacuum to ensure safety in the process.
2. Rotary evaporator with hand lift
Rotary evaporator with hand lift is a manual evaporator which you get to control the motor function using the hand. These devices are equipped with an LCD for easy monitoring of the evaporation process. The heating bath is made of stainless steel material that does not corrode easily. This rotatory has a durable rubber seal made of polytetrafluoroethylene to keep the vacuum tightly sealed.
It also utilizes the dual-layer cooling to ensure an improved and efficient condenser performance. It comes with a digital heating bath that provides even temperatures as needed. Always make sure to clean up the glass parts before setting the device up for use.
- Digital display for visualization of rotation speed and heating temperature
- Manual lift for fast height adjustment
- Process samples from 50 ml to 1 L
- Rotation speed 0 ~ 150 rpm
- Flask size range : 0.25 â€“ 2 L
- Ergonomic user friendly design
If you are looking for a Lab rotary evaporator to use in different fields, the above are top best to consider. They are made distinct features that make them ideal for use in various industries such as beauty, pharmaceutical and even in higher learning institutes.
Different Sizes From 2L To 50L
Rotary evaporators are the leading devices used in chemical reactions for the removal of the solvents. They come in different sizes and features to fit various projects. For example, if you are working on a large project that involves major working chemicals, you may need to consider a large-sized rotary device. The sizes are measured in liter capacity, which ranges from as low as 2 liters to 50 liters.
1. 2L Rotary Evaporator
Other than removing the solvents, this equipment can also be used for the removal of molecules. This evaporator equipment of 2L works under various circumstances such as low or high pressure to give efficient results.
This equipment is equipped with a 2-liter flask and an extra 1-liter flask which is suitable for collecting the finished product. The rotating speed occurs from 0 to 120 R/min based on the product that you are working on, while the evaporation speed occurs from 1.5 to H20. This equipment has a powerful motor that ensures it works efficiently with a temperature range of RT-99 degree Celcius to -299 degree Celcius.
- 2L Rotary Evaporator ,Standard :2L Rotary Flask, 1L Collection bottle, Bath Temperature Range: 0-99℃. Easy to Detach And Clean, Better Sealing Quality
- 110V / 60Hz, North American plug, bottle rotation speed: 0-120rpm, can be easily adjusted by the button on the control center.
- High Quality Material Made Water Bath, Manual To Lift It Up And Down On Use, Range: 0-150mm
- Perfect for The Concentration, Crystallization, Drying, Separation And Solvent Recovery of The Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Pharmaceutical Industries
- 1 Year Warranty, The video installation and instruction can be offered to all customers
2. 5L Rotary Evaporator
5L rotary evaporator has evaporating power which makes it suitable for large industries applications. It is highly used in chemical industries, pharmaceutical industries and also higher institution learning.
The device adopts the flask enlarge, which works under reduced pressure to ensure the solution in the bottle defuses for the efficient evaporation process. It is equipped with a water bath which continually heats up while the flask rotates in it. This rotary is suitable for use with concentrated, drying and recycled materials since it has functional parts. It has an effective temperature range control of -99 degree Celcius and the rotary bottle is 5 liters for efficient collection of chemicals.
- The main support adopts stainless steel + aluminium alloy, and the pot gallbladder adopts high quality stainless steel, which is corrosion resistant and durable.
- Electronic stepless speed adjustable (0-120 rpm), speed digital display, knob setting, easy to operate.
- Double-layer Teflon + Fluororubber combined bidirectional seal is used in the sealing system, which can maintain high vacuum.
- Continuous feeding is convenient for customers. Valve feeding pipe is sleeved with tetrafluoroethylene pipe and water retaining ring.
- Vertical with dual-spiral glass tubing ensures high recovery with feeding port.
3. 10L Rotary Evaporator
10L rotary evaporator is a perfect example of the best device for distillation and other extraction devices. It is equipped with a sturdy working device that enables it to remove all the solvents and molecules from the chemicals.
This rotary model has a 10-liter capacity, which consists of two collection flask each measuring 5 liters. The motor is quite powerful since it functions at 120 W, plus the rotating speed range from 0 to 140 rmp depending on the distilled substance. The device has a heating bath which has a speed rate of 3KW and two coiled condensers for the effective distillation process.
- Vacuum system
This rotary comes with a vacuum system essential for reducing the pressure within the evaporating system.
- Adjustable speed
The working speed range from 0 to 140 pm and it can easily be adjusted to different rates depending on the chemicals you are working on.
- Easy to use
It is quite easy to assemble and disassemble the device with the provided manual. Using it is also easy since it is equipped with an LCD screen which makes controlling comfortable.
4. 20 L Rotary Evaporator
20L rotary evaporator has a wide range of applications in various industries such as food, beauty industries, and even medical industries. It has high evaporation power and large storage capacity, which suits large application jobs.
20L rotary evaporator comes with an additional flask with measures about 5 liters. The motor is quite powerful, making it possible to evaporate chemicals under low and high speed/pressure. The rotating speed range from 0 to 120 w. The heating bath has a temperature rate of 5KW while the temperature controlling range at 200 degrees Celcius.
- Two coiled condensers
The device comes with two coiled condensers which ensure excellent sealing for the active process.
- Corrosion resistance
The sealing rubber is made of high-quality material that is resistant to corrosion even after prolonged exposure to chemicals.
- Modular design
Connecting all the parts of the device is quite easy due to its design, and the disassembling process takes less time as well.
- Easy to operate
Working with this device for various projects is straightforward, and it has a manual for guidance.
The rotary evaporator has high evaporation power and recovery is efficient.
5. 50L Rotary Evaporator
50L rotary evaporator is the top best and large rotary evaporating device useful in various industrial applications. The evaporator is used in distilling and separating chemicals. The rotary comes with a water circulating vacuum pump and circulating chiller to ensure the production condition is reliable.
The 50-liter evaporator comes with four receiving flasks with each measuring capacity of 5 liters. The temperatures range of -99 degrees Celcius. The motor works under a high power of 250 W, which in return enables the equipment to operate under high and low pressure. The condensers are made with two vertical coils for ample sealing of the pipes.
- 20 Litre collection flask
The 20 flask collection capacity makes it easy to work on large chemical projects.
- Rotary vacuum evaporator
This part works under the vacuum condition to give the boiling flask constant temperature heating.
- High-efficiency glass condenser
The device comes with high-efficiency glass condenser which cools down the solvent vapor.
- Polythene and rubber sealing
The sealing is made of high quality and non-corrosive materials to ensure continued use.
The above reviews are the top best rotary evaporators essential for use in different industrial manufacturing of chemicals. These rotary evaporators come in different sizes to carry out small ad extensive evaporation experiments. Check out the available pats and the features when selecting the right evaporator for your project.
Technical Specifications of rotary evaporator(10L/20L/50L)
|Evaporating flask||5L, flange opening: Φ50mm||10L, flange opening: Φ95mm||20L, flange opening: Φ125mm||50L, flange opening: Φ125mm|
|Speed-regulation||DC stepless speed-regulation|
|Power supply||220V-240V, 50/60Hz||3~, 380V, 50Hz|
|Rotation speed (rpm)||20~140||20~130||20~130||20~110|
|Power of motor(w)||250||250||250||250|
|Condenser||Vertical type double coil pipe||Vertical type, Main + auxiliary triple-circulating cold traps|
|Bath material||Stainless steel 304|
|Temperature display||Digital display|
|Evaporating Speed (L/h)(water)||2.0||3.2||5.0||9.0|
|Evaporating Speed (L/h)(Ethanol)||5.4||8.6||14.3||24.5|
|Lifting function||Motorized Lift||Motorized lift + Manual lift|
Technical Specifications of 2L– 5L LAB Rotary Evaporator
|Support Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||stainless steel|
|Shell Material||Antisepsis Plastic Spraying 270*270*195mm||Antisepsis Plastic Spraying 290*296*240mm||Antisepsis Plastic Spraying 310*320*240mm|
|Inner Container Material||Stainless Steel 250*140mm||Stainless Steel 255*170mm||stainless steel 280*170mm|
|Volume of Rotary Bottle||0.25-2L 24#Standard Aperture||3L ¢50 flange aperture||5L ¢50 flange aperture|
|Volume of Recycling Bottle||1L 24#Standard Aperture||2L 35# ground aperture||3L 35# ground aperture|
|Temperature Control Range of Bath Kettle||300℃||400℃||400℃|
|Up and Down Distance||120mm||120mm||120mm|
|Package Size(mm*mm*mm)||590*460*460 0.12 m³||1000*460*460 0.12 m³||1040*620*410 0.26 m³|
|Package Weight (KG)||21||38||38|
|Speed Adjustment Mode||Electrodeless Speed Regulation||Electrodeless Speed Regulation||Electrodeless Speed Regulation|
|Rotate Speed Display Mode||Digital Display||Digital Display||Digital Display|
Rotary Evaporator Manufacturer – LABSNOVA
As one of the best rotary evaporator manufacturers, LabSnova is professional and experienced in producing experiment equipment, and we are always committed to providing our customers with the best service and products. On the one hand, we have professional teams with experienced engineers and highly-trained workers; and on the other hand, we have well-equipped factories for manufacturing equipment in accordance with customers’ meets. Additionally, the kinds of WKIE Lab equipment are various; from rotovapor to molecular distillation, you can always find the one you need, From the construction to now, our equipment has been sold to more than 50 countries, and have won high praise and good reputation from clients.
For more information on rotary evaporators for sale, just contact us and we will provide top quality product and services for you wholeheartedly.
The Benefits of Buying A Labsnova Rotary Evaporator:
Its topmost advantage is that it saves a great deal of energy. This is because it negates the need to heat the solution to the boiling point. Instead, it lowers the pressure of the fluid in such a way as to make its boiling point lower. For this reason, you will not have to dig you deep into your pocket to operate it.
Compared to its closest rival, distillation, the rotary evaporator is faster. Indeed, it yields the desired ends within a shorter duration of time.
This cuts down the otherwise long wait times you have to put in to be able to enjoy the benefits that come along. The pleasure of convenience is hence yours to reap.
In all, this tool is simple and easier to control. It does come equipped with a set of convenient controls for your use and leverage. You also need not possess huge expertise to be able to have your way in them at all. The beauty of this arrangement is that even a starter will find it easier to handle.
Other than convenient controls, this equipment is also less risky than ordinary rivals and counterparts. It is fitted with tons of safety devices and features. These minimize explosions, overheating, short-circuits, and other likely dangers. Moreover, it does enjoy a relatively safe track record. You have all your safety and peace of mind guaranteed.
All said and done, the rotary evaporator is highly effective. It does the job of extracting solvents well and with minimal dangers and damages. You can never afford to look elsewhere as this equipment embodies all the traits and strong points that good equipment of this kind is ordinarily expected to.
Working principle of the rotary evaporator
Rotary evaporator is a kind of evaporation instrument, which is widely used in the chemical laboratory. It is suitable for reflux operation, rapid evaporation of a large number of solvents, concentration of trace components, and reaction processes that require stirring, especially for continuous distillation of large amounts of volatile solvents under reduced pressure.
Rotary evaporator, which is also called rotovap, is mainly a laboratory common equipment consisting of: motor, distillation flask, heating pot, condenser tube and other parts.
1. The evaporation flask is an eggplant-shaped or round-bottomed flask with a standard grinding mouth connection. The reflux serpentine condenser tube is connected to a pressure reducing pump.
2. There is a three-way piston between the condenser tube and the pressure reducing pump. When the system is connected with the atmosphere, the evaporation flask can be removed. What’s more, the solvent will be transferred. When the system is connected to the pressure reducing pump, the system should be under reduce pressure.
3. During the working process, the pressure should be reduced firstly, and then the motor should be turned to rotate the evaporation flask. In the end, the machine should be stopped and ventilated to prevent the distillation flask from falling off during rotation.
As the heat source for evaporation, a constant temperature water tank should be often provided. Through electronic control, the flask is rotated at a constant speed at the most suitable speed to increase the evaporation area. The evaporation flask was brought to a negative pressure state by a vacuum pump.
In short ,the principle of the rotary evaporator is electronically controlling the distillation flask to rotate at a constant speed at the optimum speed to increase the evaporation area.At the same time through the vacuum pump to make the evaporation flask in the state of negative pressure. The evaporation flask was heated in a water bath while rotating at a constant temperature, and the solution in the bottle was subjected to heat diffusion evaporation in a rotating flask under a negative pressure.The evaporation system can be sealed to a pressure of 400 to 600 mm Hg; the solvent in the distillation flask can be heated by a heating bath to heat up to the boiling point of the solvent; and the rotation can be carried out at a speed of 50 to 160 rpm to form a solvent film. Increase the evaporation area. In addition, the hot vapor can be quickly liquefied by the high efficiency cooler to accelerate the evaporation rate. The above is the introduction of the working principle of the rotary evaporator.
Essential Rotary Evaporator Components
Before acquiring a rotary evaporator, it is recommended to have a basic understanding of the different rotary evaporator components to help you obtain your desired unit. To help shed some light on the manufacturer jargon that you might find in brochures and online, we have provided a detailed breakdown of each component below.
Rotary evaporator sets usually include the rotary motor, receiving flask, heating bath, condenser, and a trap ball. You can also mix and match the rotary evaporator with different systems like water circulators, solvent recovery units, and more depending on your intended use.
The rotary motor rotates the evaporation flask or vial containing the sample. You can select a unit based on your application’s required rotation speed, automation preferences, and if the unit is compatible with your required condenser and water bath requirements.
A water bath is also used together with the rotary evaporator to control the temperature of the flasks as this heats the sample to keep the solvent from cooling or even freezing during the evaporation process. A recirculating chiller can be used for extra cooling capacity.
Condensers come in three different configurations – the traditional glass set where condenser is tilted diagonally, the standard glass set where condenser is set vertically, suitable for limited space, and the dry-ice vertical condenser also known as cold finger condenser, suitable for volatile or low boiling points solvents. The receiving flask located at the bottom of the condenser catches the distilling solvent after it re-condenses. The quality of the glassware set is important
for equipment safety and lifespan. Possible hazards may occur from use of glassware that are low quality, with flaws or even with poorly-suited fittings.
Apart from the rotary evaporator, a vacuum source should be connected to reduce the pressure within the evaporation system, allowing samples to boil at a lower temperature. The vacuum pump is what lowers the boiling point of the product and allows operators to distill solvents using temperatures that go all the way down to room temperature or below.
How to operate a rotary evaporator?
- Before operating the rotary evaporator, you must properly set it up. To do so, pour the sample into a round bottom flask. This flask should then connect to the evaporator’s bump trap using a Keck clip. Then, fill the rotary evaporator’s cold traps with dry ice. After doing so, attach the flask and bump trap to the adapter portion of the rotary evaporator and secure it with a Keck clip. This feature will prevent your solution from entering the main part of the rotary evaporator.
- The last preparatory step is to lower the flask into the water bath using the joystick knob on the rotary evaporator. You should do this step once condensation begins to form on the flask’s exterior. Be sure to partially submerge the flask—approximately half-way—into the heat bath. It shouldn’t be so low that the joint with the Keck clip touches the water.
- Now that everything is set up, activate the rotor. The speed of the rotor will depend on the volume of your sample. The rotor should spin quick enough that it creates an even coating of the sample on the surface of the flask.
- Next, activate the vacuum pump. Slowly increase the vacuum to the proper strength. The sample will likely begin to boil. This should not cause concern unless the bubbles begin to reach the neck of the flask. If this occurs, re-pressurize the system by opening the stopcock fully. After the boiling has ceased, fully close the stopcock.
- Close the stopcock on the evaporator. To do so, turn the stopcock perpendicular to the bleed valve.
- Then, turn on the heat for the water bath.
- Monitor the rotary evaporator for a few minutes. If there is no sign of bumping, it should be safe to leave the rotary evaporator unattended. However, you should continue to check in throughout the process periodically to ensure that nothing goes wrong.
- Upon eliminating all the solvent, turn off the vacuum.
- Then, turn the flask to atmospheric pressure and stop the rotation.
- Lastly, raise the flask from the bath and remove the flask from the adapter. If it did not completely remove the solvent, add it back into the same flask and repeat the procedure.
What are Potential Hazards?
• Burn hazard from heating water
bath (usually range from 25 –
95 °C) or cryogens used for cooling.
• Implosion hazard from vacuum system.
• Ignition hazard if flammable liquid vapors escape the apparatus or accumulate in the
• Inhalation hazard if toxic chemical vapors escape the apparatus.
• Pinch point hazard from the motor unit and manual quick-action jack.
• Entanglement with spinning parts.
• Electrocution/shock hazard from the outlet.
• Cut hazard from broken flasks.
How to Work Safely with Rotary Evaporators?
1. Wear lab coats, eye protection (safety glasses or goggles), closed-toes shoes, and appropriate gloves while operating the equipment.
2. Tie back long hair and do not wear loose items to avoid entanglement.
3. Ensure that the apparatus is maintained in a good working order. Seals should be checked periodically and replaced as necessary. Decrease in vacuum and leaking are generally indications that seals should be replaced.
4. Use a vacuum source that is appropriate for the level of vacuum needed. Diaphragm pumps are appropriate for most applications. Belt pumps and rotary vane pumps provide high levels of vacuum that can cause excessive bumping (i.e., flash boiling ofsolvent) and clog traps. Water aspirators should not be used as these can allow solvent vapors to enter drains and waste large volumes of water.
5. Check all glassware for visible chips, cracks or scratches before using. Handle glassware with care at all times.
6. Always use a cold trap in between the rotovap and the pump. Never use a liquid nitrogen to cool the trap as this can cause condensation of liquid oxygen. Empty the trap after each use. If a trap becomes clogged, immediately shut off the vacuum, disconnect the trap and ensure it is open to atmosphere to prevent
explosion. Allow the trap to thaw in a fume hood to empty.
7. Cool the receiving flask in a cold bath (typically ice water) and ensure that fluid used to cool the condenser is at a temperature appropriate for the solvent being removed. This will promote efficient collection of solvent and avoid overloading cold traps. Use chilled recirculators, or similar types of items, for supplying cooling fluid to the condenser to avoid wasting water.
8. Use a bump bulb (see picture) placed between your sample and the condenser to prevent contamination of the condenser area (and your sample) in the event of bumping. Remove and clean the bump bulb from the rotovap immediately after use to ensure ground glass joint connections do not stick together and to prevent contamination of future samples that will be rotovaped.
9. Always ensure that flasks, bump bulbs, and ground glass joint connections are secured to the unit with clamps or Keck clips, as appropriate.
10. Always keep organic solvents and residues away from the water baths and the electrical components. Change contaminated baths immediately.
11. Know the risks and properties of the chemicals you are working with. SDS sheets can be found through CEMS: https://cems.unh.edu/umass/CEMS/. Rotovaping of toxic items should only occur with appropriate local exhaust (i.e., in a fume hood, or in some cases, with a snorkel exhaust). Please contact EH&S if you have questions about the safety of your rotovap configuration for your application.
12. Rotovaps cannot be used for air and water-sensitive materials. Highly reactive materials should also not be rotovaped to prevent damage to seals. Distillation is a more appropriate choice for solvent removal for these items.
13. The water bath temperature should not exceed the boiling point of the solvent. Increase the temperature of the bath slowly to avoid bumping. Since a vacuum is A bump bulb usually applied to the setup, the boiling points of the solvents are going to be significantly lower than at ambient pressure .
14. Set the motor to start spinning slowly prior to applying vacuum to avoid bumping. Adjust the spinning speed once the vacuum is engaged to maximize surface area and prevent bumping.
15. Adjust the pressure to the minimum level needed to allow for efficient removal of solvent. Some units are equipped with devices to automatically control the pressure to a defined set point. For other units, pressure must be adjusted manually by using the vent stopcock located at the top of the condenser. For both types of units, the pressure should be monitored and adjusted, if necessary, throughout the process to avoid bumping.
16. Always empty the solvent collection flask of the unit immediately after use to prevent accidentally mixing of incompatible materials or unidentified waste.
How to stop the rotary evaporation process
After starting the process of rotary evaporation, there may be some instances in which you seek to stop the procedure. In this case, it is important to follow specific steps to prevent broken glassware, injury, ruining the sample, damaging the equipment, and other undesirable outcomes. The steps to halting the process of rotary evaporation are as follows:
- Remove the flask from the heat bath using the joystick
- Open the stopcock fully
- Turn off the rotor
- Turn off the vacuum source
- Lift the flask from the water bath
- Remove the flask from the adapter portion of the rotary evaporator
- Turn the evaporator off completely
The Applications of Rotary Evaporator
1. The Applications of Rotary Evaporator in Lab
The basic accessories of this evaporator in the lab include snakelike condenser pipe, receiving flask as well as evaporation flask. The most important application of this device is chemical engineering as well as the medical and biological field. They are very useful for production and scientific research.
Evaporation crystallization, separation as well as drying and solvent recovery process is also part of it. Apart from that, it is widely used in the laboratory. It is used for chemical reaction, mixing, and formulation. The most important application here is that it is used for teaching purposes. During the experimental process, it is put in a desk where students learn how that process works.
Because of the fantastic and durable design, it can withstand laboratory uses. This is because it can hardly break and even if rolls and falls, you discover that it does not break.
Furthermore, the model is used for molecular cooking as well as molecular gastronomy. This process applies chemical as well as physical cooking industry. Molecular cooking is an innovative method of cooking and it is widely used across the world. This is one of the most important applications of this device. Because of the advanced technology, it can enhance the cooking skill.
The other important application of rotovap is that it can be used for the removal of solvents samples and that works through the evaporation process. When it is used in molecular cooking, the aim is for extraction and distillation purpose. The vacuum system also facilitated the wide usage of the device. The glassware used in it also makes it great and durable for use.
2. The Applications of Rotary Evaporator in Industry
Educational and Informational
This equipment may be used for educational and informational undertakings. Examples of these are chemical, educational, fuel, and environmental purposes. It hence finds applicability in schools, laboratories, museums, and many other facilities which employ heavy machinery of these kinds. In these senses, it mainly dares to drive some points home.
The tool may serve to dry powders. For it to serve this role, it has to be attached to a test tube adapter. Unlike the other approaches, this one does not involve too hectic procedures and approaches. It hence does the job but without the unnecessary hassles which other approaches have to contend with.
In the food industry, the rotary evaporators may be used to extract flavors. These flavors are subsequently used to adorn other foods and drinks. The tool is yet again quite handy indeed. Unlike its counterparts, it does not at all lead to the loss of flavor in the course of extraction.
When preparing some samples, the rotary evaporator may yet again come in. In particular, this equipment is awesome for the preparation of the High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and a couple of other natural samples. It retains the accuracy and integrity of the samples to yield good results.
Some samples require that the solvents be strongly concentrated. This machine also comes to the rescue. It extracts excess solvents to leave behind a higher concentration of solutes. In this way, the sample becomes more concentrated in such a way as to serve the role which is needed just fine.
Solvent Removal, Separation, and Recycling
Yet again when removing, separating and recycling solvents, this machine comes in handy. Like in the case above, it has the ability to eliminate excess solvents from a solution. In this way, it also manages to separate the solvent from the solution and also manages to recycle.
Trapping Hazardous Waste Liquids
Lastly, this machine also traps hazardous waste liquids. It hence finds wide applicability in industrial settings which employ a huge volume of liquids and chemicals. The food, cleaning, detergent, and soap-making industries are the key beneficiaries of this item altogether. Many governments also vouch for its use in order to save the environment.
We could go on and on and on had it been possible. Due to the limitations of space and time, we inevitably had to stop there. As you may see, this tool has numerous applications and uses. It is certainly in your best interest to make the most of it.
Factors To Be Considered When Buy Rotary Evaporator
Rotary evaporator is a device for quickly concentrating liquid samples. The liquid sample is heated and decompressed in a spherical glass container, and continuously rotated to increase the evaporation surface area and accelerate the evaporation rate. Rotating evaporators are often used with water circulation vacuum pump.
Rotating evaporator is eggplant or round bottom rotating evaporator with a standard grinding port interface, which is connected to the water circulation vacuum pump through a high reflux serpentine condenser tube, and the other opening of the reflux condenser tube is connected to the receiving Rotating evaporator with a grinding port. It is often used to receive evaporated organic solvents.
There is a three-way piston between the condenser tube and the decompression pump. When the system is connected with the rotating evaporator, the solvent can be transferred easily. When the system is connected with the decompression pump, the system should be in a decompression state. When using, we should decompress first, then start the motor to rotate the rotating evaporator. In the end, we should stop first and then pass through the atmosphere to prevent the rotating evaporator from falling off in rotation. And Hawach rotating evaporator can be equipped with a temperature tank.
Rotating evaporator is often used for concentration, drying, crystallization, separation, and solvent recovery in the pharmaceutical, chemical, and biological pharmaceutical industries. We should consider the following factors when purchasing a rotating evaporator.
1. The core technology of rotating evaporator
Under the corrosion of various solvents and in the state of motion, whether the system can maintain high vacuum is the main criterion for measuring the rotating evaporator. It is sealed with Teflon material and glass, which can withstand various solvents and has a long-lasting and reliable airtightness. It can maintain high vacuum above -0.098MPa.
2. Factors affecting the efficiency of the rotating evaporator
For machines of the same specification, there are mainly steam temperature, vacuum degree, and cooling water temperature. Restricted by the heat resistance of certain materials, it is impossible to increase the steam temperature indefinitely during work, so high vacuum and low cooling water temperature are the two main factors for increasing the rate.
3. The difference between vertical condenser and inclined condenser
Because the vertical condenser has a small footprint, it has gradually become popular. Large-capacity rotating evaporator generally uses vertical condensers, but in essence, there is no difference between the two instruments.
4. Selection of Rotary Evaporator Model
2L, 3L, and 5L machines are suitable for laboratory and small sample tests; 5L, 10L, and 20L are suitable for pilot tests; 20L, 50L is suitable for pilot tests.
5. Rotating evaporator and other types of evaporator
The structure of the rotating evaporator is small and exquisite, compact, intuitive in work, and free of metal ion pollution. It is suitable for the extraction of precious materials in laboratories, production pilot tests.
6. The choice of water circulation vacuum pump
A water circulation vacuum pump resistant to corrosion by various solvents is recommended, which can be vacuumed to -0.098MPa, and can meet various requirements.
The following are the four major factors that affect the evaporation speed of the rotating evaporator.
1. The temperature of the water bath;
2. Rotation speed of sample bottle.
3. The degree of vacuum in the rotating evaporator;
4. Whether the condensation recovery unit is efficient.
If you need a rotary evaporator, take a look at the extensive array of laboratory products offered at Labsnova Equipment. Labsnova Equipment is a leading provider of new and used laboratory equipment available at incredible prices. We offer 2-, 5-, 10-, 20-, and 50-liter rotary evaporators. Our wide variety of high-quality equipment also includes chillers, heaters, cold traps, extraction units, filtration devices, glassware, and other laboratory necessities.
In addition to sourcing our equipment from trusted third-party brands, we manufacture much of our equipment in-house. With over 1,000 items stocked in our warehouse, you are sure to find the equipment that you’re looking for right here at Labsnova Equipment. For more information regarding our products, contact us today.
Get In Touch With Us